The mission of the Minister of External Relations is to ensure the implementation of the foreign relations policy decided by the President of the Republic.
As such, he is responsible for:
- relations with foreign States, International Organizations and other subjects of
the international community ;
- protection of Cameroonian nationals and interests abroad;
- management of the careers of diplomatic personnel.
- it collects and disseminates information relating to the
Foreign States and International Organizations which could facilitate the action of the services
- it contributes to informing foreign governments, their public opinion, as well as
International Organizations with regard to political, economic development,
social and cultural heritage of Cameroon, in conjunction with the Ministry of Communication.